Sorry for your Loss and can feel the stress you have now, but everything will be fine, dark clouds shall pass away and every evil surpasses. So, here’s a quick relief for you…
Fix WordPress Vulnerability
WordPress website is prone to get attacked by malware or a server hosting WordPress can compromise. This can happen even if you’re conscious about website security. So, let’s go through this quick self-reference guide to overcome such a trauma:
- Just Breathe and keep calm.
- Try to compose and figure out the cause:
- Scan your computer for Malware, Virus or any Backdoor with some Anti-Virus software.
- Are you able to Login to WordPress Admin? Yes, cool. No, then reset your password via CPanel -> PHPMYADMIN.
- Scan your WordPress Site using “Malware Scanner” Plugins. Just try searching with quoted text and it will list them. Install and Run to fix or detect any malware, etc..
- Check for the most recent backup of Website Files and Database.
- Finally, check with your Hosting provider and explain them the scenario which you composed above. They’ll do a complete scan of your website and can get it back-up after that.
- If nothing works, hire a serious system administrator who can handle scripts and do the cleaning of your website manually. Try me! Me’s not bad either, at least not philosophical level. 😛
What’s After That?
If God’s will get your website up, then believe me you just got a trump card. But you may fall out again in temptation, so here’s another self-reference guide to play-safe:
- Reset all your Passwords, Secrets and Revoke all API (if connected).
- Update WordPress to latest version.
- Update Themes and Plugins to latest versions. If you’ve custom theme developed, then let them know about the vulnerability, so they make sure their code is up-to-date.
- Uninstall/Deleted unwanted data like, Themes, Plugins or inactive WordPress Installations.
- Take backup regularly or schedule them with some automated plugin or a macro job. If you’ve a team, then this task can also be delegated or may just hire a reliable person.
- Lastly, keep your eyes open for Latest News & Tweets about such vulnerabilities, because everyone’s watching your assets and attack the very next moment.