You must have had a reminder from Twitter.com already explaining about the attack on their data server. Couple of days back, the New York Times had a similar security breach and clock turned out for Twitter.com on Friday’s night.
Twitter team says that, hackers were attempting from over a week to get access to user data, via unusual patterns. Well, finally one of their attempt was successful which could have accessed username, email or salt/encrypted password, for 250K user accounts.
The Twitter hack attempt was detected and diffused immediately. For security measure, Twitter had to reset password for each user in its database. Somehow, if you haven’t received email yet, follow these self security measures listed below:
- Go to Twitter.com and Reset/Forgot Password Immediately.
- Reset Password with a hard combination of Uppercase, Lowercase, Alphabets, Special Characters & Numbers.
- Once you login to your Twitter account, check for unwanted Applications and Revoke Access from them.
- Delete Spam Tweets, if you find any.
- Take a breather and enjoy Tweeting.
Don’t forget to share this with your lovely Twitter friends. Peace!